First joint CEPE-ETHICOMP conference, June-July 2014
Important dates :
- Expressions of interest due: March 31, 2013
- Full proposals due: May 31, 2013
The Organizing Committee for CEPE / ETHICOMP´14 :
- Charles Ess (University of Oslo; President, INSEIT), Conference Chair
- Shalini Kesar (Southern Utah University); Programme Chair
- Elizabeth Buchanan (Executive Director, INSEIT)
- Bernd Carsten Stahl (De Montfort University; Chair, ETHICOMP)
Direct submissions to :
Charles Ess, Conference Chair
Since 1995 the ETHICOMP conference series has provided a forum to discuss the ethical and social issues surrounding Information and Communication Technology. Over 900 papers have been presented at 12 conferences by individuals from all parts of the world. But ETHICOMP is more than this it is an interdisciplinary community dedicated to exploring issues and seeking ways forward. The next ETHICOMP conference will take place in June 2013 in Kolding, Denmark.
The CEPE (Computer Ethics: Professional Enquiries) conferences are international fora promoting dialogue between moral philosophy and the field of information and communication technology (ICT). They are sponsored by the International Society for Ethics in Information Technology (INSEIT), founded in 2000 with a focus on the ethical issues in and surrounding ICT. The next CEPE conference will take place in Lisbon in July 2013.
In the summer of 2014 (June/July), the ETHICOMP and CEPE conferences will hold their first joint conference.