— Extended Deadline —
Submissions are invited for the Eighth Workshop on the Philosophy of Information, which will take place at the University of Ferrara, 13th–14th of June 2016 immediately prior to the 2016 IACAP Conference.
The general theme for this year is the role of data in biomedical sciences, and should encourage an exchange between the philosophy and methodology of the biomedical sciences and the philosophy of information about what it means to use data as evidence or to use data as information for understanding, but also for action (informing/supporting decisions).
Topics of interest include:
- Epistemic standards for evidence
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Information in probabilistic and abductive reasoning
- Data and information visualisation in biomedical sciences
- Data and information in biomedical informatics
- Biomedical ontologies
- Ethical and epistemological perspectives on data handling
- The value and importance of reproducible results
- The place of negative results
- Open data, and the distribution and re-use of data
In addition to two invited speakers, we have up to 7 slots of 45 minutes (30+15) available for contributed talks.
Abstracts of 500-1000 words should be submitted no later than 15 March 1 April 2016 to email@example.com. Submissions will be evaluated by the programme committee, and acceptance notifications will be issued by 15 April 2016.